You may be fed up with the daily inconveniences that dentures can cause for you, like having them slip in the middle of a conversation or rinsing them after every time you eat. It’s no wonder why you’re looking into better options that can provide you more stability and fewer problems. Dental implants can give you the look and conveniences of a natural smile. Read on to find out what they have to offer and whether they’re the right option for you!
How do You Know if You Need Implants?
Dental implants can replace anywhere from one tooth to an entire arch. There are a few ways you can identify if you need them:
- If you have missing teeth, you can boost your self-confidence and give yourself a radiant smile with implants. A custom-shaded dental restoration identical to your natural teeth will be placed to fill the gap that was your missing tooth. The implant itself functions in place of your natural tooth root.
- If you have loose dentures or partials and are often self-conscious about whether or not they’ll slip or fall out when you’re eating or talking, that can add a significant amount of stress to social situations. There’s no reason to suffer from that. Dental implants offer you the stability that you need to feel confident when completing daily tasks.
- If your tooth is infected or needs to be pulled, it may be time to get an implant. It will act as your new tooth and will be just as strong and durable.
- If you’re sick of handling daily denture care, dental implants will provide you with a stress-free option. Because they so closely resemble the structure of your natural teeth, the maintenance just involves your basic brushing and flossing.
Are You a Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
You can undergo the procedure for dental implants if you have maintained excellent oral health. Your gums must be able to heal after your mouth is prepped for the treatment, so it’s vital that they’re in tip-top shape. People who are heavy smokers or have diabetes or heart disease will need to be evaluated before they are given the go-ahead to have the procedure. Be sure to schedule a consultation appointment with your dentist to see if dental implants are the right option for you.
What Can Dental Implants Offer You?
Dental implants are the closest substitution to your natural and healthy teeth. As a result, they have numerous benefits to offer, including:
- They can boost your self-confidence by filling the gaps in your smile, so you feel comfortable enough to show it without covering it up with your hand.
- Implants are long-lasting when they’re properly cared for. Where options like dentures and bridges need to be replaced every 5-10 years, your dental implants can last you decades.
- You can prevent bone deterioration with dental implants because of the support they provide your mouth. When you leave gaps in your smile, it can lead to slow bone loss and cause your face to sag. Getting dental implants as soon as you lose one or more teeth can prevent this from happening.
If you’re considering dental implants, know that they don’t just provide an aesthetic solution as dentures do, they are also beneficial to your overall oral health because they replace the entire natural tooth structure. With the help of your dentist, you can choose the best option that will make you happy for years to come. Be sure to schedule your consultation appointment with your implant dentist to achieve your best smile!
About the Practice
Drs. Suzan Rismani-Flenniken and Neil Flenniken have both completed additional studies in implant dentistry and enjoy being able to give people their smiles back. With decades of experience and expertise, you’ll feel comfortable in the hands of Monarch Dentistry’s husband-wife duo. To schedule a consultation appointment for your dental implants, visit our website or contact us at 703-457-8447.