What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are artificial teeth, which replaces a tooth / teeth that has been missing or damaged. They are identical or similar to that of natural tooth / teeth, providing support for dentures. Additionally, they do not affect the teeth bordering them, providing the wearer the beautiful smile. Besides, they are as stable and reliable as the real teeth and protects from the loss of jawbone that occurs when the teeth is lost.
Advantages of Dental Implants
There are numerous advantages of dental implants, which includes:
• Comfort : The dental implants are fixed permanently and becomes a part of your teeth. Hence, they are too comfortable to wear as compared to that of dentures.
• Improved Speech : Dentures can be poorly fitted as a result the teeth can slip within the mouth causing one to mumble or slur words. Dental implants are fixed permanently, as a result a wearer is able to speak freely without being worried that the teeth might slip.
• Improved Appearance : Unlike any other dental treatment for replacing the tooth / teeth such as dentures, dental implants looks and feel real, just like your own teeth. In addition to this as they are designed to fuse with bone, they become permanent.
• Easier Eating : Dental implants works, performs and functions like your own teeth. This allows you to eat your favorite food comfortably, easily and with confidence and without any pain.
• Improved Smile : Dental implants can give you back the smile that you might have always dreamed about.
• Improved Oral Health : As oppose to that of dental bridging, dental implants don’t require reducing other teeth as because the nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant. Because of this more of your own teeth to left intact, improving long-term oral health. Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
• Durability : Implants are very durable and lasts many years. With good care, many implants can last lifetime.
• Convenience : Dental implants are permanent as oppose to that of dentures. Hence, it eliminates the embarrassing inconvenience of removing dentures, as well as the need of messy adhesives to keep them in place.