Laser dentistry is one of the most effective ways to carrying out various complicated dental procedures. It has revolutionized the present dentistry by making dental treatments efficient and fast. Not only can laser dentistry treat routine dental problems, but it can also treat a variety of cosmetic dental problems.
The use of laser allows a dentist to focus on specific areas and enables him or her to treat decayed teeth, enamel, and gums effectively. Besides, with the precise invisible energy beam, the dentist can avoid damaging other areas of mouth and gums, which could easily be damaged without it. Laser dentistry is the best option for those people who have a fear of dental pain or are reluctant to anesthesia during dental treatment.
Benefits of laser dentistry
- Laser dentistry minimizes the pain most often associated with dental procedures
- In most cases, laser dental treatments do not require the use of anesthesia
- Approved by FDA and is suitable for both adults and children
- Soft tissue laser eliminates the need for most stitches
- Laser dentistry is more hygienic since invisible energy beam sterilizes the area being worked on
- Wounds heal faster and tissues can be regenerated
- Manage to surrounding tissue is minimal
Application of laser dentistry
- Dental fillings
- Cavity detector
- Tooth sensitivity
- Viewing tooth and gum tissue
- Reshape gum tissue
- Teeth whitening
- Benign tumors
- Nerve regeneration
- Temporomandibular joint treatment
Apart from above, there may be other dental treatments that utilize laser dentistry and only your dentist will be able to help you out with it.